Sunday, May 29, 2016

100% Cotton

Simple Cloth Diapering System
What about stay-dry fabric (polyester) against baby's bottom?  Yes, that is a popular diapering fabric.  I have tried poly fabrics (fleece and microfiber) and, while they may keep baby feeling drier, they tend to hold in the stink, even when washed.  They also pill more quickly and just don't stay as soft for as long as 100% cotton does.  I have never noticed my babies getting fussy when their cotton diapers get wet, so I don't worry about needing a stay-dry material.  And a bonus is that when they are a little older, they can sense the wetness a little and that really does help with potty-training.  So, while I did used to use polyester fabrics, I don't anymore because I don't think they are needed and because I think cotton is better for diapering since it is absorbent and stays nice and soft longer.  Cotton has a been a safe, time-tested diapering fabric for generations, and it is easy to see why.  It is natural, safe, and very easy to wash.  Clean diapers mean less diaper rash.

No comments:

Post a Comment