Sunday, May 29, 2016

The Prefold

Reviews of Diaper Rite Prefolds
Prefolds, which are made of 100% cotton and are the thickest in the middle where you need the most absorbancy, are the backbone of the simple cloth diapering system that I use.  Prefolds are the absorbent part of the diaper/cover system.  Pictured is a stack of my favorite kind of prefold, Diaper Rite prefolds.  You can check these great prefolds out here: Cloth diapers & diaper covers at Diaper Junction
What makes these so great is that they are super soft, easy to use and wash, last a very long time, and have other uses when your baby is potty-trained. (They make perfect cleaning cloths.) Did I mention they are very inexpensive too?



These wonderful, high-quality, super soft prefolds come in 4 sizes (newborn, small, medium, and large), pictured below.

Diaper Rite Prefolds Size Comparison
Diaper Rite Prefolds Size Comparison


At around one month of age, my babies fit into the size small (purple-edged).  At around 4 months they fit into the size medium and could wear those until potty-training.  So it is possible to pretty much get by on just 2 sizes.  The newborn is great in the beginning, but you could use size small with a newborn too.  If you have a large toddler the size large is nice, but you may not need it.  These prefolds come in bleached and unbleached.  I have both and prefer the unbleached.  It seems a little softer and wider and a hair stretchier, so it is able to fit my babies longer.  I can still snappi the size medium unbleached prefold on my 30-pound 3-year-old. 
There are many, many ways to put prefolds on your baby, but my favorite way to put on a prefold contains the most and keeps messes off of the diaper cover; it is the jelly-roll method.

No comments:

Post a Comment